Monday, September 10, 2007

A Wonderful Weekend with the Family



Last weekend I went to visit Mom, Dad, and Mike in New Jersey. We had a fantastic weekend!The only thing missing was Adam...11 more days until I get to see him!! First we went to the outlet stores in PA, and then headed to Clarks Summit for some reminicing. We lived in Clarks Summit for a year when I was 9 years old. So many wonderful memories were made in that short period of time. We became proud parents to our Springer Spaniel Roxanne. I learned to horseback ride and ski. Life was very safe and simple in Clarks Summit. The only time Mom worried about Mike and I being outside alone was during deer hunting season. Otherwise we could run around outside all day and not come back until it was dark. We would bike ride to the store to buy candy and soda in glass bottles. We would sit on a rock half way home (Charles rock, named after our buddy Charles) and drink the soda and then crash the empty bottles. It seemed so cool to be able to throw glass. Heaven knows you can't do that at your house! After that we could make a quick stop at the creek to play with crayfish on the way home. Mike introduced the local kids to skateboarding. I hosted a neighborhood dog show...complete with homemade ribbons and dog biscuit prizes! We used to visit a dairy to buy homemade ice-cream and fresh milk in glass bottles. Clark Summit holds many great memories for our family, so it was wonderful going back for the afternoon.




"When you look at your life, the greatness happiness are family happinesses"
~Joyce Brothers



No comments: